Our church choir, under the direction of Lisa Ostermann, is an integral part of our worship. Her choice of music has such conviction and affirmation of our faith, as well as a balance of both contemporary and traditional music. She has such a delightful way of guiding the choir through some difficult music, yet has kept their spirits soaring in a manner that allows them to laugh together. Working with her and singing for The Lord is truly a joyful experience!
What are the requirements for new members?
There is no “audition” required to join. However, if you are interested in joining The Wright Memorial Choir, you can speak to the Director, Lisa, to find out more about the Choir. Rehearsals are most Thursday evenings at 7:00 p.m. You may want to visit a rehearsal some Thursday evening. Attendance policy is to make as many rehearsals as possible. It is understood that while we all have busy schedules, it is hoped that new members will view their singing with the Choir as a ministry and that they will be regular in attendance both at rehearsals and at Sunday services.
The ability to read music is not a requirement, but it is helpful. You will enjoy the members of our choir. We have a wonderful time together. The benefits of your ministry in the Choir are:
– Being a part of a diverse and friendly community of singers and musicians
– Experiencing singing as ministry and as recreation, often placing a song in your heart and a spring in your step
– Gain an outlet for your musical gifts and abilities
– You will feel more connected to the church
– You will perform beautiful music to God’s glory every Sunday .